Who am I?
Here are the details that the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says I have to give you as a ‘data controller’:
-My Website address is https://swynnertontherapy.co.uk
– My trading name is Swynnerton Therapy
– My registered address is 79 Sebright Road, High Barnet Hertfordshire, EN5 4HP
– You can contact me at email@example.com
Information I may collect
This refers to personal information about an individual from which that individual can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data)
I may collect, use and store different kinds of personal data about you which I have grouped together as follows:
– Identity Data which includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier. When you email, phone, live chat or otherwise, I may collect information such as your first name, last name, email address and phone number.
– Contact Data which includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
– Interaction Data which includes any information that you might provide on the contact form which you use to contact me. It also includes email correspondence or text messages as well.
– Personal Data also includes age, gender and nationality.
In order to provide the best possible service to my clients, I regularly keep client notes which are based on therapy sessions with me. To ensure the privacy and anonymity of my clients, session notes are recorded using client initials rather than full names. No data is passed on to third parties other than under the following circumstances.
1.I am required by law to do.
2.In the event that I become unexpectedly incapacitated or even die, my clinical supervisor has permission to gain access to the contact details of my current clients in order to inform them of my circumstances.
Where I store Data
All personal and anonymous data is stored securely on my computer which is password protected and backed up on an external drive with military grade encryption. This data is stored for a period of 6 years in compliance with guidelines from the UK Council for Psychotherapy, the organisation that I am an accredited member of.
Some personal data including name, and contact details are stored on my smartphone and will remain there for the duration of time we are working together.
Other Anonymous Data Collected includes:
– Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
– Usage Data includes information about how you use my Website
– Cookies Data like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them and what kind.
5.1 All Cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
– request access to, deletion of or correction of your personal data held by me at no cost to you;
– request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
– be informed of what data processing is taking place;
– restrict processing;
– object to processing of your personal data; and
– complain to a supervisory authority.